EVGA GTX 560 ti Play BF4?

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

D3ATHONCALL

D3ATHONCALL

• 28 posts
  • LocationEarth
Wondering if my card will play the new bf4 or do I need to upgrade? If I upgrade what would be the current best bang for the buck for twin graphics and single graphics card? Yes, I understand I can just google this info but that would defeat the purpose of trying to be friendly here. Not to mention, I would like to know what you guys think instead of Tom or whoever else.

Kitsuni

Kitsuni

Everybodies favorite furry

• PipPipPip
  • 437 posts
  • LocationTeH Moon~!
Yes you'll be fine, not at max settings most likely but still.
- "Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure you are not, in fact, just surrounded by assholes."

D3ATHONCALL

D3ATHONCALL

• 28 posts
  • LocationEarth

View PostKitsuni, on 16 May 2013 - 07:07 AM, said:

Yes you'll be fine, not at max settings most likely but still.

Thanks for the easy answer. No worries about max settings. I dont play max settings now and havent since I ran water a long time ago. I still have some issues here and there. Yellow roads and glitches which Im not sure if those are the GPU's fault or the game. My PC needs an update and has seen its fair share of abuse from traveling half way across the world. I'm just holding off as much as possible to get new hardware right now until I get the funds and energy to do my 4th PC build.

Guest_Delta_*

Guest_Delta_*
  • Guests
You should get a 660ti. new wave of cards are coming.. and the 560 can barely keep stable at mid-low under high stress combat.

My 2 cents.

Psycho29388

Psycho29388

Advanced Member

• Head Admin
  • 1,342 posts
  • LocationThe InternetZ

View PostDelta, on 16 May 2013 - 02:46 PM, said:

You should get a 660ti. new wave of cards are coming.. and the 560 can barely keep stable at mid-low under high stress combat.

My 2 cents.
Sorry sir, but I'm playing on Medium-high @ 1440x900 with anywhere from 45-75 FPS and that's pretty above the playable line.

I'm also running a 6850, which is much worse than a 560 Ti.

D3ATHONCALL

D3ATHONCALL

• 28 posts
  • LocationEarth

View PostDelta, on 16 May 2013 - 02:46 PM, said:

My 2 cents.

Thanks for the input! But if I go with the newer cards, I will be forced to upgrade my whole PC. Im still on LGA 775. No way I could justify purchasing newer technology and stay limited to PCI-E 2.0. I just dont have that kind of will power.

Just looking to continue playing with you guys when you make the switch. I still need to upgrade my SSD's as well which is priority #1. Also need to figure out why I pay for 15mb internet service and my download speeds are less than 500kb/s while my brothers is 2mb/s. Might be my intigrated NIC. Would help prevent you from shanking me in game so often :D

Kitsuni

Kitsuni

• PipPipPip
  • 437 posts
  • LocationTeH Moon~!
Yeah....... LGA775.... you might want to do something about that lol.
- "Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure you are not, in fact, just surrounded by assholes."

D3ATHONCALL

D3ATHONCALL

• 28 posts
  • LocationEarth

View PostKitsuni, on 16 May 2013 - 08:36 PM, said:

Yeah....... LGA775.... you might want to do something about that lol.

I meant I have a LGA1366 i7 CPU. LGA 775 was the last build... Losing my mind these days. Lack of O2 to the brain cells that are left.

popspower

popspower

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 36 posts
  • LocationSykesville, MD
you didnt say how much you wanted to spend, but for the price $250.00 EVGA GeForce GTX 660 Video Card - 3GB GDDR5, PCI-Express 3.0 (x16), 1x Dual-Link DVI-D, 1x Dual-Link DVI-I, 1x DisplayPort, 1x HDMI, DirectX 11, SLI Ready, Dual-Slot, Fan
i just put one in and its great, i hope to put a 2nd one in soon for a total of 6GB GDRR5 in SLI
Posted Image

Psycho29388

Psycho29388

Advanced Member

• Head Admin
  • 1,342 posts
  • LocationThe InternetZ

View Postpopspower, on 18 May 2013 - 12:35 AM, said:

you didnt say how much you wanted to spend, but for the price $250.00 EVGA GeForce GTX 660 Video Card - 3GB GDDR5, PCI-Express 3.0 (x16), 1x Dual-Link DVI-D, 1x Dual-Link DVI-I, 1x DisplayPort, 1x HDMI, DirectX 11, SLI Ready, Dual-Slot, Fan
i just put one in and its great, i hope to put a 2nd one in soon for a total of 6GB GDRR5 in SLI
You do realize that for SLI and Crossfire setups ram doesn't add up, right?

Even if both cards have 2 Gb of vram on them, you'll only be able to use 2 Gbs still.

Arvin24Sharps

Arvin24Sharps

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • LocationUSA
Would a EVGA Nvidia GeForce GTX 670 be good...and what setting could it play on?

Psycho29388

Psycho29388

Advanced Member

• Head Admin
  • 1,342 posts
  • LocationThe InternetZ

View PostArvin24Sharps, on 18 May 2013 - 04:23 AM, said:

Would a EVGA Nvidia GeForce GTX 670 be good...and what setting could it play on?
This should answer your questions:

Posted Image

Arvin24Sharps

Arvin24Sharps

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • LocationUSA
Now That is an Answer! THANK YOU VERY MUCH!

popspower

popspower

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 36 posts
  • LocationSykesville, MD
I didnt know that, what good is sli then. What setup would be best?
Posted Image

Kitsuni

Kitsuni

• PipPipPip
  • 437 posts
  • LocationTeH Moon~!
SLI does good a good boost and contrary to popular belief it doesn't have as many problems as it used to. Though with 3 way and 4 way sli the boosts in performance are no where near as much as going from 1 to 2 cards but it is still there.

D3ATHONCALL

D3ATHONCALL

• 28 posts
  • LocationEarth

View Postpopspower, on 18 May 2013 - 12:35 AM, said:

$ is no object here. Best bang for the buck. Like I said before, I would have to upgrade other components to justify a card that uses PCI-E 3.0. Unless Im not aware that you will get the same performance while running it on PCI-E 2.0.

Kitsuni

Kitsuni

• PipPipPip
  • 437 posts
  • LocationTeH Moon~!
Best bang for buck would be: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814121659&Tpk=asus%20gtx670%204gb&IsVirtualParent=1

And as for PCI-e 3.0 we really don't meet the bandwidth of 2.0 yet.

jonnynguyen2

jonnynguyen2

Resident Crazy Bastard

• Administrator
  • PipPipPip
  • 681 posts
  • LocationThe Great White North Eh!

View PostKitsuni, on 19 May 2013 - 11:04 PM, said:

nope....this will bang yer bucks all day long on BF!!!!

http://www.newegg.co...N82E16814121560
Posted Image

Psycho29388

Psycho29388

Advanced Member

• Head Admin
  • 1,342 posts
  • LocationThe InternetZ

View Postjonnynguyen2, on 19 May 2013 - 11:17 PM, said:

nope....this will bang yer bucks all day long on BF!!!!

http://www.newegg.co...N82E16814121560
1 Gb less than the 670, gets atleast 8 FPS less than the 670 on BF3 maxed out, 30 fps if you go lower on the settings and resolution, the 670 is also only $30 more.

I'm not a fanboy or anything but the numbers dont lie.

D3ATHONCALL

D3ATHONCALL

• 28 posts
  • LocationEarth

View PostPsycho29388, on 19 May 2013 - 11:54 PM, said:

1 Gb less than the 670, gets atleast 8 FPS less than the 670 on BF3 maxed out, 30 fps if you go lower on the settings and resolution, the 670 is also only $30 more.

I'm not a fanboy or anything but the numbers dont lie.

So again, I ask... Can you even run it on a PCI-E 2.0 MB? And will those performance numbers drop running the card in a PCI-E 2.0 slot?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users