server dumping players issue ... please read !!!

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Awake

Awake

Advanced Member

• Board
  • 725 posts
this is directly from the ceo of nfo servers

Blaze problems. These have always been common with this game and other EA/DICE games.
- Game bugs. These were particularly common at the beginning (servers would crash multiple times per day) but have become less common over the years as EA/DICE has slowly fixed bugs.
- Punkbuster. PB runs serially in the same thread and any delay in PB execution will cause problems for the game. PB screenshots reliably cause problems, for instance. pbucon and other advanced features can also cause problems.
- 3rd party rcon tools. rcon also runs serially in the same thread. This means that sending rcon commands can delay server execution. Requesting the banlist rapidly or other tasks, for instance.
- Exploitable design flaws/bugs. There have been many instances of clients using problems with the game to make the game lag and drop other players.

In your case, I checked the most recent log and you had some clients dropped with "Input queue too large". I have seen this with several other customers over the last few months and it suggests one of the last four as being most likely, but in particular, the exploitable flaw possibility.

The graph of traffic to your server was normal and no crash logs were generated.

I would advise that you further test PB settings, such as temporarily turning off your custom PB configuration. You should also turn off any 3rd party rcon tools temporarily. If these measures do not help, then you're looking at a game bug or Blaze problem of some sort, which unfortunately means a dead end -- EA/DICE does not respond to our inquiries about these any longer, and we don't have the ability to investigate them further without their help.
Posted Image Posted Image

LordOrion

LordOrion

Lead Enforcement Officer

• Administrator
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,052 posts
  • LocationTexas - and no where else!!
I'm in Rcon but wasn't doing anything during the crashes other than pulling up the BF4Stats.com page on a couple of people.  This was in order to check them out; stuff I do anyways.

It would be helpful if he could explain this

- Exploitable design flaws/bugs. There have been many instances of clients using problems with the game to make the game lag and drop other players.

This does kinda sound like an EA problem.

MotherMan

MotherMan

Yo-Yo Yolo Club President

• Founder
  • 1,462 posts
  • Battlelog:http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/user/MotherManX/
  • LocationNew York, New York
Happening around the world:

https://www.reddit.c...rvers_crashing/
Posted Image

LordOrion

LordOrion

Lead Enforcement Officer

• Administrator
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,052 posts
  • LocationTexas - and no where else!!
So, it's either Kim Jong Fat, the Russians, or EA is forcing us to buy BF1.

MotherMan

MotherMan

• Founder
  • 1,462 posts
I posted this around to let all know whats up:

Good Evening,
Please excuse the current state of random server wide kicks over the past 5 days on BF4. EA/BF4 is experiencing an issue(DDOS or Bug?) world wide emptying servers randomly. We hope for a fix on their end real soon! Thank you for your patience; we hope that you all get to enjoy the server in the time between the issue taking place
Posted Image

MotherMan

MotherMan

• Founder
  • 1,462 posts
Kick report from Tuesday 8/8

Server Dump at 9:30PM - about 40 players online

Server Dump at 10:20PM - at start of new round (previous round ended with 64) about 50 were in at time of dump

Server Dump at 11:10PM - 52 players on
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users