12 replies to this topic

MotherMan

MotherMan

Yo-Yo Yolo Club President

• Founder
  • 1,462 posts
  • Battlelog:http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/user/MotherManX/
  • LocationNew York, New York
Starting close after launch, you will be able to rent a server through the in-game store of Battlefield 1. In the past, servers were handled by third-party companies – now, EA is providing them directly. We think this will benefit you in several ways. First off, we will be able to secure the quality of the actual hardware. Since the servers come from the same provider, it will give everyone the same uniform experience. Furthermore, if you have questions or need help, you will be able to reach out to EA Support directly instead of third party support. On a rented server, players will be able to customize gameplay aspects like server name, map rotation, game mode, various game play settings, and more. We might restrict number of game modes available at launch and gradually enable them based on feedback and other circumstances, but you can expect that we’ll keep adding customization options and UI design throughout 2016.

I am very upset right now. This could be the end of BF communities on PC moving forward, especially if they keep this model. Unless if in the "and more" capabilities in their statement includes what we can already do in Rcon. I am thoroughly disappointed, and how they say it will not be at launch, but after - so we can't even get that day 1 bump like we have previously. We worked so hard recruiting, fundraising, and getting ready for the new battlefield - and this is what the pull on us. Very frustrating.
Posted Image

PC Gamer 753

PC Gamer 753

"Retired"

• Head Admin
  • 446 posts
This makes me extremely sad, but also confirms my other post I made about NFO being completely in the dark. :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

But at the end of the day it doesn't matter. LKG is a group of amazing dedicated individuals who enjoy the company, teamwork, and humor of those who make up LKG. Even if games go in the toilet, our servers are nerfed, and BF communities begin to dwindle, LKG will stand strong for one simple reason -- Dedication.

Just like before when we didn't even have any servers going, we can have fun and grow stronger outside of games as a whole, as well as going forth with new game opportunities.

Time will only tell what the future has in store for us and bf1. While this seems to be a major time of change for everyone one thing will remain the same - The foundations and principles that make Low-Key Gaming a fantastic community.
"Retired"
PC Gamer 753

jonnynguyen2

jonnynguyen2

Resident Crazy Bastard

• Administrator
  • PipPipPip
  • 681 posts
  • LocationThe Great White North Eh!
Hooah!!!  so were going back to BF3??....
Posted Image

Awake

Awake

Advanced Member

• Board
  • 725 posts
EVERYTHING SEEMS TO BE ON THE TABLE AT THIS POINT...
Posted Image Posted Image

PC Gamer 753

PC Gamer 753

"Retired"

• Head Admin
  • 446 posts
You also, have to look at the bright side here.

A large number of players {if not all} want simply Conquest large game modes, rush, or TDM. They could care less what the server it is named or what rules the server has. They want the same experience every time. I believe that is what EA is going for here. Consistency over their online platforms.

In a way this "automation" of certain admin aspects could actually lead to a better player and admin experience, taking away options that admins have been known to abuse in the past. Looking at it from an admin side, this could actually make our lives less stressful and have less conflict between admin mindsets.

While this may be bad news that we can't rent our "own" server if you know what I mean, it may be the way of the future and may even become more popular for battlefield online players. There are always positives and negatives to any situation you just have to think it through.

While I'm sure nobody is really thrilled deep down about this, we must keep our heads up and see what the future has in store for us.
"Retired"
PC Gamer 753

Ceathor

Ceathor

Advanced Member

• Administrator
  • PipPipPip
  • 384 posts
  • Battlelog:CeathorC
  • LocationOslo, Norway
To be honest, I think EA saw how profitable server hosting is and how much they were "missing out" on. With this change, they'll not only earn money through everyone buying the game and purchasing DLC, but they'll have a stable income from server hosting...
This is definitely a bad turn as there's not gonna be any competition and EA can choose their prices... which means if they wanna charge $100/month, they can. We have no other option.
I was considering getting this game but now I'm not too sure. Will have to wait and see what they make of it, but we've seen what EA's done before... so don't expect anything less

Posted Image

Meeting in person is defined as AFK, not IRL. The internet is real.

jonnynguyen2

jonnynguyen2

Resident Crazy Bastard

• Administrator
  • PipPipPip
  • 681 posts
the good news is... EA will catch ALL the hackers on THEIR servers!!!

:huh:
Posted Image

Blitzzwar

Blitzzwar

Advanced Member

• Friend of LKG
  • 153 posts
  • Battlelog:Blitzzwar
  • LocationAlbany NY

View Postjonnynguyen2, on 12 October 2016 - 06:33 PM, said:

the good news is... EA will catch ALL the hackers on THEIR servers!!!

:huh:

https://www.youtube....h?v=vCVG4ZXNHb8

jonnynguyen2

jonnynguyen2

Resident Crazy Bastard

• Administrator
  • PipPipPip
  • 681 posts
^^^^

Lmao
Posted Image

vonhills

vonhills

King Hillbilly

• 111 posts
  • LocationLondon, Ky
Im with Ceathor on this one. I think I will wait a lil bit to get it. Im kind of thinking it may end up like Hard Line I hope not but time will tell.

PC Gamer 753

PC Gamer 753

"Retired"

• Head Admin
  • 446 posts
Released today the prices for server rentals:
  • 1 day: $2.99
  • 7 days: $11.99
  • 30 days: $42.99
  • 90 days: $99.99
  • 180 days: $149.99
http://www.pcgamer.c...uffer-pcgamertw

in another article on tweak-town it is said that the "Kick/Ban" feature is still under development, and that the entire rent a server system will be done through the BF1 ingame menu. It also says that these rent a serves will "be available sometime in November"
https://t.co/ZDSUFZ2LY9
"Retired"
PC Gamer 753

MotherMan

MotherMan

Yo-Yo Yolo Club President

• Founder
  • 1,462 posts
  • Battlelog:http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/user/MotherManX/
  • LocationNew York, New York
I wonder what reliability, speed, and tick rate. Because it is actually almost half the price of NFO
Posted Image

PC Gamer 753

PC Gamer 753

"Retired"

• Head Admin
  • 446 posts
Yeah we'll just have to wait and see! I hope it will be good! I wish it would release sooner than next month though.
"Retired"
PC Gamer 753

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users