• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

Defuser

Defuser

• Pip
  • 7 posts
http://battlelog.bat...s/802841822/pc/

Hi fellas,

I was banned today.  The ban message said "suspicious kdr per battlelog" or something along those lines.
I don't cheat, never have.  I'm skilled in tanks and long kill streaks are normal for me.  Here is an example footage where I scored 80-1 in a round:

https://www.youtube....h?v=0GEGs3MQFMI

Let me know if you need any other info.  Thank you for your consideration.

- Defuser  (_i_D3FuS3R_i_)

PC Gamer 753

PC Gamer 753

"Retired"

• Head Admin
  • 446 posts
Hello Defuser. Thank you for taking the time to create an account and file an appeal!

The banning admin will reply shortly!

From Internal Records:
Banning Admin (Via RCON Listing): LordOrion
Date and Time Banned (Server time): 2016-07-31 01:29:46
Given Reasons: Highly suspicious k/d per Battlelog
Associated Players:  _i_D3FuS3R_i_
Date Ban Lifted(?):
Internal Forum Report Filed?: Yes
"Retired"
PC Gamer 753

LordOrion

LordOrion

Lead Enforcement Officer

• Administrator
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,052 posts
  • LocationTexas - and no where else!!
Defuser, as the admin that banned you, I noticed a discrepancy in your stats which resulted in your ban.  I routinely check players when they are on our servers, and i use several resources publicly available to do these checks.

Specifically your Battlelog k/d ratio of 13.1 as compared to your k/d at BF4Stats. com and i-Stats.net.  Both of these sites have your k/d at 4.32.

The extreme difference in your kill / death ratios is the reason behind the ban.  Any idea why they are so different?

Orion

Defuser

Defuser

• Pip
  • 7 posts
I certainly have an idea.  This is the result of resetting the stats on battlelog, which is not reflected in other databases.
When I was an admin I didn't even bother checking battlelog because of this.

Update:  I suppose I should not assume that everyone knows about this, so let me clarify.  Premium BF4 players are provided with an option to reset some of their stats that appear on Battlelog including W/L ratio, K/D ratio, etc.  This 'reset' does not affect the overall stats of a player that are displayed on BF4stats and other databases, hence the discrepancy.

LordOrion

LordOrion

Lead Enforcement Officer

• Administrator
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,052 posts
I was aware of the reset ability of BF4 Premium on certain stats.  What I am not aware of is where you stated that the reset does not affect the overall stats found on BF4stats, etc.

Where did you obtain this information?  And what specific "overall" stats are you referring to?

Defuser

Defuser

• Pip
  • 7 posts

View PostLordOrion, on 02 August 2016 - 01:15 AM, said:

I was aware of the reset ability of BF4 Premium on certain stats.  What I am not aware of is where you stated that the reset does not affect the overall stats found on BF4stats, etc.

Resetting your battlelog stats does not affect the "overall" or "all-time" stats.  This has been true since the release of BF3.
Since BF4stats.com retains the all-time stats, they are not affected by any Battlelog stat resets.

Where did you obtain this information?

Refer to the following screenshot:

Posted Image

And what specific "overall" stats are you referring to?

Obviously I'm referring to my KDR, specifically, which is the stat in question and the reason for the ban.

Let me know if there is anything else I can clarify.
Thank you.

LordOrion

LordOrion

Lead Enforcement Officer

• Administrator
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,052 posts
When I asked where you obtained the information in regards to your statement

This 'reset' does not affect the overall stats of a player that are displayed on BF4stats and other databases,
you referred to a screenshot that simply states, "All Time Statistics and all other values will be unaffected"

Nowhere on this does it state that this means BF4Stats, iStats.net, or any other database.

But assuming it does, and  just so I understand, when a player resets their stats, ALL numbers on BF4Stats and the other databases are not affected whatsoever.  

Is this correct?

Defuser

Defuser

• Pip
  • 7 posts

View PostLordOrion, on 03 August 2016 - 11:43 PM, said:

When I asked where you obtained the information in regards to your statement

you referred to a screenshot that simply states, "All Time Statistics and all other values will be unaffected"

Nowhere on this does it state that this means BF4Stats, iStats.net, or any other database.

But assuming it does, and  just so I understand, when a player resets their stats, ALL numbers on BF4Stats and the other databases are not affected whatsoever.  

Is this correct?

That is correct.  Those websites have always shown all-time stats.  In fact, if users could just reset those all-time stats willy nilly, then none of the cheat detecting website would be reliable.  This is common knowledge among admins (at least the ones I've worked with).  But feel free to contact those sites to confirm.  Battlelog itself is not responsible for what is shown on those 3rd party websites, so of course it doesn't mention them explicitly.

I've seen many other people reset their Battlelog stats, which causes these discrepancies in the stats between Battllog and the other sites.  This is nothing out of the ordinary but admins should be aware of this.

Defuser

Defuser

• Pip
  • 7 posts
LordOrion, let me know if you need anything else.

LordOrion

LordOrion

Lead Enforcement Officer

• Administrator
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,052 posts
Sorry for the delay on this, and we thank you for your patience.

After careful review and consideration of the evidence collected, it was decided by the Admins of LKG to keep the ban in place.

The appeal is denied.

Orion

Defuser

Defuser

• Pip
  • 7 posts
I see.  Any particular reason to keep the ban?

Defuser

Defuser

• Pip
  • 7 posts
Half a month later and still no response as to why the ban remains, after I've answered all questions by the banning admin to the best of my ability.

LordOrion, whether you respond to me or not, it doesn't matter anymore, since I won't be recommending this server / clan to anyone.
But if I may make a suggestion to the the LKG team here, please consider taking the ban appeals more seriously, and at the very least inform the players the reason for keeping a ban.  It's only appropriate to do so, not just because it's common decency, but also to give the player a chance to respond to any allegations (if any).

Good luck and take care.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users