Chovelle

Chovelle

• Pip
  • 5 posts
Battlelog & Soldier Name: Chovelle
Date/Time of Ban: May 11th, roughly 8:00PM EST
Admin Who Banned: RonniRayGun
Appeal:

My crew (0Z0N) and myself were playing on your LKG server at around 8PM on Wednesday night. I was in the tank, and I believe at least two other of my guys were on - another player named "Choveiie (two capital i's instead of lowercase L's to make it look the same in game) and PotatoMaybe. Potato did not have the 0Z0N tags, but Choveiie did.

I was in the MBT, as I normally am, and was actually doing pretty well. I think at the time of my ban, my KDR was either 30/1 or 30/0. Some nights I do really well in the tank, other nights I don't do as well. Put me on foot though, and I'll be absolutely slaughtered. I've got about 550 hours in the tank (last I checked) and plenty of un-cut stream recordings that I've saved to YouTube to debunk all these constant hackusations and false bans (it's sad that they're really that frequent that I have to record them just to say online, but it pays in situations like this) The links to two of my match recordings can be found HERE: https://www.youtube....h?v=jsn-KPMczvM and HERE: https://www.youtube....h?v=c4o6A78TxcM. Be advised, however, that they're pretty lengthy and me and my buddies on TeamSpeak ramble on for the most part.

I've got no reason to hack in this game. Honestly, I don't even know how or why somebody would even go about hacking, but I've certainly never had the need to do it, and I've played against my fair share of genuine hackers. I know what it's like to be on the receiving end of auto-locking revolvers from the other side of the map, or somebody one-shotting you with an LMG. It's infuriating, and it takes away from the experience of the game. You usually see it from Game Time kids or people with stolen accounts.

I've got over 1,760 hours dumped into Battlefield 4 alone, and probably a collective thousand or so hours across Battlefield 3, Bad Company 2 and 2142. Not a minute of any of those hours has been spent hacking. The only modifications I'll fess up to were on Battlefield 2142's single-player mode before I had good internet or skill to play, so I modified it after hours of research so I could play MP-only maps while I was offline, as the SP maps were limited size and quantity. That aside, I'm not really quite sure why somebody with my amount of time and commitment put into this game would risk a ban.

Ronni, there are ALWAYS going to be people who are better than you (not you specifically, but people in general) at ANY game. There are people who are LEAGUES better than me, both in the tank and even more so on foot - sniping, assault, you name it... I can hold myself pretty well in the tank, I won't lie, but there are quite a few people I've gone up against who make me ragequit.

Also, since I'm sure you guys have a list of ban sites you check my name on, I'd like to bring up the false positives on some of them, as well as the truth to some of the reasons, as last night I was kicked from another server for suspected hacking (again) and when I talked to their admins in TeamSpeak, they told me the sites they used and what they had against me.

The things I have been genuinely banned for (and I am guilty of doing):
  • Language
  • Racial Slurs/Derogatory Remarks (We've all got a foul mouth sometimes... Mine just gets me in trouble every now and then, lol. Working on it, though)
  • Insubordination
The things I have been wrongly banned for:
  • Hacking/Cheating
  • Suspicious KDR/Killstreak
  • Cheat/Hack Menus
  • Aimbot/Wallhacks/Etc.
I wouldn't be spending my time here typing up this message if I was hacking or cheating. I'd simply be on my way to the next server until I got caught. But that's not the case. I'm getting pretty tired of being banned because some child (not directly referring to Ronni here, but juvenile admins I've had experience with in the past) is given the ability to kick or ban (or even worse, PB-ban) and then it sticks with you or you can't play that server anymore. There are literally dozens of major servers that I'm unable to play on partially due to language, but also due to admins suspecting me of cheating.

I've attached some images that may help, and I appreciate whoever reviews these for taking the time to read my wall of text. I'd love to continue playing on the LKG server with my crew, as it has a great map rotation, and seems to have a good crew of admins.

If I'm missing anything or you'd like other information, please let me know and I'll be happy to provide what I can.

Thanks

- Chovelle

EDIT - Corrected for typos, unfinished sentences and clarification.

MotherMan

MotherMan

Yo-Yo Yolo Club President

• Founder
  • 1,453 posts
  • Battlelog:http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/user/MotherManX/
  • LocationNew York, New York
Thank you for your appeal. We will review every detail we have and get back to you with any questions, comments, or results. Thank you for your patience at this time.
Posted Image

Chovelle

Chovelle

• Pip
  • 5 posts
Thanks, man. If you need anything else, just let me know. I appreciate the quick reply.

Chovelle

Chovelle

• Pip
  • 5 posts
Just an update, I was also notified by RonniRayGun that apparently I was banned for sarcasm in the chat (I honestly did not know this was a bannable offense, so I apologize for that) and supposed base raping, which, while I will admit to, is a huge exaggeration. The only time I had pushed into the enemies base was on Golmud Railway on the 11th, I believe, when me and my crew had kickstarted the server form 1/64 to 5/ or 6/64 to get it populated again. When there were about 5 tickets left, or maybe when the match was rolling over from pre-game into a full game, I rolled up (along with SEVERAL other players - I was NOT the only one at the enemy spawn) and shot RonniRayGun while he was hiding behind a spawn tank. Immediately after doing so, I put a smiley emote in chat to kind of lighten the mood, not to be a jerk. Was it poor sportsmanship on my part? Yes. I hadn't gotten any kills that round (that I know of) and fired off for that kill before the last few seconds ran out. I cannot vouch for how many kills the over Chovelle (Choveiie) got via base killing, but I can only claim one. The next map was Dragon Valley 2015, and I got in a tank again for a fair bit of time until I had to address some issues outside of the game, so I typed "afk sec" in chat and rolled back to base and tabbed out. I believe at the time I was in a mobile AA. This was maybe 30-45 minutes into the game, if I remember correctly. When I returned I was greeted with yet another chat message saying "you have been kicked from the server" with no reason. I rejoined and asked why I was kicked, and RonniRayGun, who had been playing actively well before I went AFK, said that he had "meant to admin kill me" due to my previous base-raping. Was i in the wrong for firing off a shot into the enemy base on Golmud Railway? Yes I was, and I apologize for it. It won't happen again. My concern there was, if it was something that bothered him, why did he wait some 30-45 minutes before taking action? That does not excuse me killing him, but waiting so long to take action seems a bit strange, and from my point of view, I initially believed I was kicked just due to being AFK, or because I had a high KDR, I'd assume. There is proof of the chat HERE: https://gyazo.com/39...abc95b68d290116 I can also see how, from Ronni's point of view, being killed by both Choveiie and myself, the real Chovelle, looks exactly like me killing him twice. I have spoken to Choveiie about this on several occasions, and he has said he will change his name back but has yet to get around to it. I will reinforce it tonight. On this topic, RonniRayGun had also inquired about our "identical" names on the Golmud match prior to spawning in, and I explained exactly why and how we did it, which he acknowledged in chat.

RonniRayGun also mentioned that I had been warned several times before for sarcastic language and base raping. The former I can believe and will admit to, but the latter is incorrect. As I brought up in private discussion with MotherMan, I had been kicked several days or weeks prior to this ban for typing in chat and asking why it was supposedly OK for the enemy team to do bombing runs and jet passes on our base, despite it being against the rules. I was frustrated when I wrote this (as any normal person would be if they were literally unable to leave their spawn due to being bombarded by jets and players actually ignoring this rule) and I will admit there was some sarcasm in my message. I believe it was something along the lines of "so it's only bad if we base rape, but you guys can do it without issue or consequence?" I apologize that I do not know what I typed verbatim, but it was a while ago. I just know I was either kicked or T-Banned shortly after.

The chat with MotherManX can be found HERE: https://gyazo.com/fb...7b3ac910c1781b8

Thanks again for your time, guys. If you need anything else, let me know.

Chovelle

Chovelle

• Pip
  • 5 posts
Update again (Sorry!)

I found the map I was banned on (Operation Outbreak) as well as the Golmud Railway map immediately before it where I had supposedly baseraped. When I had gotten the kill on Ronni, I believe it was right as the pre-game countdown was ending, where stats do not count - further reason why I would have gone for such a dirty kill as he was hiding behind the base tank in his spawn.

I've attached the two consecutive matches in an image HERE: https://gyazo.com/65...c97fabdb684776a where you can clearly see the Operation Outbreak I was banned on with a KDR of 30/0 and the "null" before it being the Golmud railway map where the tickets bled for a win, I'd assume, hence the 3,000 points (award given to the winning team of any match)

RonniRayGun

RonniRayGun

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • Battlelog:http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/soldier/RonniRayGun/stats/1754235669/pc/
  • Locationohio

View PostChovelle, on 14 May 2016 - 01:30 AM, said:

Update again (Sorry!)

I found the map I was banned on (Operation Outbreak) as well as the Golmud Railway map immediately before it where I had supposedly baseraped. When I had gotten the kill on Ronni, I believe it was right as the pre-game countdown was ending, where stats do not count - further reason why I would have gone for such a dirty kill as he was hiding behind the base tank in his spawn.

I've attached the two consecutive matches in an image HERE: https://gyazo.com/65...c97fabdb684776a where you can clearly see the Operation Outbreak I was banned on with a KDR of 30/0 and the "null" before it being the Golmud railway map where the tickets bled for a win, I'd assume, hence the 3,000 points (award given to the winning team of any match)

If my memory serves me correctly, i told you on Golmud not to base rape as you did in the last few seconds after the round was over. Then On the very next map Dragon Valley as i was discussing in Team Speak with another admin about Previous problems we have had with you on the sever i spawned in and went walking just outside my base, You rolled up in a tank and shot me. You have played enough on our server to know the rules and were warned about it. Then you proceed to do it again the very next round. Along with your sarcastic comments to go along with it when u killed me. I don't have a problem lifting the ban if you can obey the rules. And for the record i;m not the only member that's had an issue with you . Also i'd like to add that i banned you for HACKING/CHEATING which was a mistake on my part. I have my browser setup to remember typed words and when i clicked in the ban (Reason) box that must have came up and hit hit the button to quickly.The ban was supposed to be for Player/Admin Disrespect..

MotherMan

MotherMan

Yo-Yo Yolo Club President

• Founder
  • 1,453 posts
  • Battlelog:http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/user/MotherManX/
  • LocationNew York, New York
From the sounds of it; Ronni is up to lift the ban with the condition you obey the rules moving forward. Please reply stating your intention to do so.

I am going to say right away, this also applies to your friend with a similar name. It would be in your best interest to not test or bend the rules moving forward as we know that the rules have been expressed directly to you and it is documented.

Thank you for your patience in this process. Welcome back to the server and have a good day

See you on the battlefield.
Posted Image

Chovelle

Chovelle

• Pip
  • 5 posts
Thanks for your help here guys, and I appreciate the unban! I will be much better about obeying the rules, and I have just asked Choveiie to change his in-game name. I had no intention to bend the rules, and as for spawn-raping the round after Golmud, that was on Dragon Valley 2015 and I don't mean to be oppositional, but saying I spawn-raped on that map is just incorrect, so I will have to disagree with you here, Ronni. I did not do what you said I did. Regardless, you won't be seeing me spawn-rape anymore, and I will pass that on to the rest of my active crew when we play.

Thanks again, guys. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users