• Administrator
  • PipPipPip
  • 411 posts
  • LocationHolland
Hi guys and girls,

Heared somebody talking about,
https://joinsquad.com/

http://store.steampo....com/app/393380

After seeing all the movies and the team play promises I couldn't resist buying the pre-release. Although it isn't as good looking as Battlefield it seem to be a very promising game.
- The game sais 50 against 50 players, most are 72 against 72.
- The team play is amazing al squads tend to play together.
- Localization voice and squad voices
- The maps are freaking huge
- The game is very hard to play, you can't run all over as you won't have a chance. So probably no COD players here.
- Sort of base building options, own build spawn/rally points.
- Squad can only get the weapons assigned available, 2 medics, 2 snipers, rest support classes.
- Runnin on UNREAL 4 engine
- Vehicles although haven't seen them in this release yet.
- Build by the developers of BF2 project reality.

http://forums.joinsq...ductory-series/

Will be updating this post with video's and more information as I play more.
Posted Image

NLKornolio

NLKornolio

Advanced Member

• Administrator
  • PipPipPip
  • 411 posts
  • LocationHolland
Factsheet

Developer:
Offworld Industries
Based in
Release date:
TBD
Platforms:
PC - Steam
joinsquad.com

Description

Squad is the long-anticipated standalone spiritual successor to the massively popular BF2:Project Reality Mod, winner of the ModDB.com MoTY Award. Gather your mates and rally up for the Massive Squad-based 100 man Combined Arms Warfare featuring decade-honed balance between realism and FPS gameplay and join over 15 Developers of Reality Mod write the next chapter of tactical shooters. With a final total of 41,000 votes over 10 days, Squad reached #1 on Steam Greenlight in under 72 hours. One year of development as of March 2015 before revealed on Greenlight. Being built on the Unreal Engine 4 engine. Our spiritual predecessor had over 250,000 installations. Indie Mod Team formed startup studio, had a large following from day one. 35 years combined experience in building the Mod. Doing it their own way. Paying it forward with mod support from day one. Think of it this way, merging as much new technology and shedding of old harcoded engine restrictions as possible, while expanding the tried and true gameplay experiences we've developed over the last decade of modding experience. We're riding the wave of great advances in the UnrealEngine4 in the last year, bringing Squad to market as the meat and potatoes tactical FPS shooter we've all been waiting for for nearly a decade, we are evolving from the mod's gameplay mechanics and exploring the freedom allowed by UnrealEngine 4. We are the thinking man's large scale tactical FPS PvP shooter with a dozen levels of long perfected meta built into our game design, and we're also the go to grunt infantry game for guys who prefer some semblance of realism in their nightly gaming sessions.

Features
[*]Gameplay faster and more fluid than ARMA but slower and more engaging than Battlefield.
[*]Teamwork oriented gameplay that doesn't require a clan or private server to fully realize the potential of the gameplay.
[*]Built in Voice Over IP using the best codecs available, with attenuated localized, intra-squad radio, and inter-squad command radio communications.
[*]Showcase Deployables and Base Building which no other military FPS has.
[*]The creation, defense, destruction and resupply of chained spawn positions in an overlapping and always fluid emergent chessboard designed in our maps.
[*]Large scale maps up to 8km^2. (currently working with 2km and 4km maps)
[*]High quality models and complex animations systems.
[*]A very open development team with excellent community communication, and preparations in progress for mod support near retail release.
[*]Essentially an "everything" game. Infantry/Logistics/Air Combat/CAS/Armor Warfare

Posted Image

Clash

Clash

Advanced Member

• Friend of LKG
  • 120 posts
  • LocationCanada
I've been looking at Squad since way back in its pre alpha. It certainly looks realy good. It's almost exactly what I've been looking for. I haven't purchased it yet though. If Star Citizen or Interstellar Marines have taught me anything, it's that pre release purchases from indie companies are almost as sketchy as pre ordering from EA, if not more. They can just stop making progress at any point, and go for over a year without any major update. I won't be picking it up until all the promised features are in place.

I wouldn't make any comments about the community yet. Right now it's in a pre release phase, so of course it's going to have a small, niche community. After release it will definitely start to fall apart. Look at Insurgency. It started out as a very promising game with a very tight community, but now it's just absolute nonsense. How much will Squad fall apart? It really depends on how big the developers want the player base to be. It will depend on how often they put it on sale, and for how cheap. Insurgency's downfall was probably caused by the developers constantly putting it on sale for as low as $1. Squads integrity also depends on how close they stick to their original vision. Another thing that caused Insurgency to fall apart is that they gave into pressure from the larger, more casual community and deviated from their original vision. This turned the game into something I consider to be fairly different. That said, the original Project Reality mod is still going fairly strong, and they've kept to their roots for this long, so I doubt they're going to drop everything solely to make more money.

Just don't take the current community as an indication of what the community will be like months after release, and don't expect a full release any time soon, if ever.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users