Battlefield 4 BF4

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

madmulk9

madmulk9

Advanced Member

• 43 posts
  • Battlelog:madmulk9
Hello everyone, and I come to you with a dilemma.

I am very bad at video games and definitely need help in stepping up my game.

Therefore, I would really like if I could get some help somehow, but I'm not asking you to put me over everything else. All I'd like are some tips to get me on my way.
Games that I can play:
Like, a lot.
Games that I'm good at:
Literally none.

Awake

Awake

Advanced Member

• Board
  • 725 posts
mulk.... there are a lot of things you can do to help out your gaming experience...few questions I need you to answer  to help me help you.
1. what type mouse are you using.... ie normal or gaming with multiple dpi settings/macros

2. what type keyboard

3. vid card.

4.internet speeds ?

5.cpu/ram specs

fill them out let me know and also try to come in game when someone like myself/ motherman or jonny are around we can give you some tips
as far as how to get kills in game and help you get on your way to better stats.
Posted Image Posted Image

Psycho29388

Psycho29388

Advanced Member

• Head Admin
  • 1,342 posts
  • LocationThe InternetZ
Pretty much what Awake said. If you're using a laptop and don't know the specs that is your issue right there.

Laptops are not made for gaming, even the gaming ones. They will never match the performance of a desktop PC, and your FPS will always be generally low on a Gaming laptop or normal laptop no matter what settings you use.

Maybe I'm wrong to assume you are on a laptop, and if you aren't well I guess I look like a jackass now lol.

MotherMan

MotherMan

Yo-Yo Yolo Club President

• Founder
  • 1,462 posts
  • Battlelog:http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/user/MotherManX/
  • LocationNew York, New York
I don't think he is looking so much for technical help as he is looking for combat help.

A few things I always try to remember in terms of engaging the enemy is to control my rate of fire - instead of holding down the mouse when shooting, click rapidly. Also being crouched improves your accuracy as well. Especially in those 1v1 moments when you and your enemy are just a few feet apart, they will shoot over you while you are still hitting the target accurately.

But the best advice is teamwork. Working in a squad that is talking to each other you will get the best advantage. Even if your K/D isnt great, teamwork can score you a lot of points. Me and my GF used to squad up in BF2 and she would almost strictly be a healing medic since she had trouble in combat, and there were many rounds she top my score just doing that alone. Find what value you can bring to the team and you will do very well.

That's what I have for you for advice as of now. There is always more things
Posted Image

madmulk9

madmulk9

Advanced Member

• 43 posts
  • Battlelog:madmulk9

View PostAwake, on 01 March 2015 - 05:22 PM, said:

mulk.... there are a lot of things you can do to help out your gaming experience...few questions I need you to answer  to help me help you.
1. what type mouse are you using.... ie normal or gaming with multiple dpi settings/macros

2. what type keyboard

3. vid card.

4.internet speeds ?

5.cpu/ram specs

fill them out let me know and also try to come in game when someone like myself/ motherman or jonny are around we can give you some tips
as far as how to get kills in game and help you get on your way to better stats.
1. Logitech G502 but buying Finalmouse

2. Razer Blackwidow Ultimate

3. GTX 970 (getting replacement to fix frame skipping in other games)

4. I'd say an average 8 MB/s DL speed.

5. Honestly, not sure. Not on my PC as I post this.

And Motherman, that was also some tips I needed. But yeah, that's about all that I have.
Games that I can play:
Like, a lot.
Games that I'm good at:
Literally none.

Psycho29388

Psycho29388

Advanced Member

• Head Admin
  • 1,342 posts
  • LocationThe InternetZ
Okay, with the new information given, all I can really say is you will get better over time, it's taken me 6 years time to get where I am (even though I don't play battlefield anymore), but another thing you can do is when you die; evaluate what you did wrong.

Should I have tried taking A instead of C? Was my aim off? Should I have focused on taking down the chopper rather than the infantry? I don't know if that method really works for Battlefield but that's what many people do in CS.

Awake

Awake

Advanced Member

• Board
  • 725 posts
Motherman..........yea i know he is looking for combat help... i am just trying to figure out what his set-up is so i can help further , i
had already mentioned to him coming in while we are playing for tips etc...
Posted Image Posted Image

TheChimpa

TheChimpa

MOFO-Monkey Official Foreign Officer

• PipPipPip
  • 502 posts
  • LocationLimey Land
g502 is a fine mouse for fps gaming and it sounds like your pc is a decent build so that shouldn't be affecting your gameplay. A lot of it unfortunately is just playing until you improve your twitch reflexes. maybe try messing around with sensitivity on your mouse and see what feels natural. I use 1200 dpi but I know a lot of people use 3k+ it just feels super natural for me.

For battlefield if you want to improve twitch reflexes tdm is a good place to start, no vehicles etc to get in the way and it will definitely help your infantry gameplay.

My gameplay picked up quite a bit when i started going against people who were quite a bit better than myself, only way to improve is play against harder opponents. Also I started playing a lot of DayZ the arma 2 mod which also made a difference, that game teaches you to aim for the head. If you own arma 2 I'd suggest trying out some wasteland servers which are more about combat than dayz.

http://www.mouse-sensitivity.com/

This website allows you to set your game sensitivity the same across games which will help with twitch reflexes if you play a lot of different fps's
Core i5 3570k 3.6GHz || ASUS GTX 780 DirectCU II x 2 || Gigabyte z77-d3h || G.SKILL Ripjaws 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3 2111 || 256GB Samsung SSD PRO || 120GB OCZ Vertex 3 SSD || 1TB HDD || Creative Sound Blaster ZX || Cooler Master Vanguard 1000W PSU || NZXT Phantom 410 || BenQ XL2411T 144hz Monitor || Windows 7 64-bit ||

NLKornolio

NLKornolio

Advanced Member

• Administrator
  • PipPipPip
  • 411 posts
  • LocationHolland
Hey Mulk you can join me every day for some chopper training. Not really flying as serious as in BF3 but still got some sills left.

For settings, What is your BF Graphic settings low, medium or high ?
I have set my settings to high but have put the following settings on low to improve my gameplay and FPS,
Post Processing ... low
Lighting quality on low
Terrain detail on low
Blurring completely off

For the rest, stand still wen you shoot, try to always have an object between you and you enemy so you can hide when reloading.
Just try to go in the battlefield if your in RL don't runn in the Battlefield without assessing whereyour enemies are.

@ Chimpa Nice title :), haven't seen you online some while. Are you oke ?
Posted Image

TheChimpa

TheChimpa

MOFO-Monkey Official Foreign Officer

• PipPipPip
  • 502 posts
  • LocationLimey Land
Yeah I'm good korn, how about you? Been using much TP lately? haha. Unfortunately I went to AVC, I hope there is no hard feelings, I still like to say hi on here from time to time :) and give input where I can
Core i5 3570k 3.6GHz || ASUS GTX 780 DirectCU II x 2 || Gigabyte z77-d3h || G.SKILL Ripjaws 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3 2111 || 256GB Samsung SSD PRO || 120GB OCZ Vertex 3 SSD || 1TB HDD || Creative Sound Blaster ZX || Cooler Master Vanguard 1000W PSU || NZXT Phantom 410 || BenQ XL2411T 144hz Monitor || Windows 7 64-bit ||

NLKornolio

NLKornolio

Advanced Member

• Administrator
  • PipPipPip
  • 411 posts
  • LocationHolland
Yeh alright still adjusting to my house, tree, pet life. My tippie moyo has disseapeared lately maybe it had to do with your austin powers moyo lol
No hardfeelings, i'll keep your seat warm ;)
Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Battlefield 4, BF4

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users