Looking to do Upgrade. comparison?

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

Poll: Help me pick my next mobo? (9 member(s) have cast votes)

Cheaper is in mind, but quality is important; Which Mobo?

1. ASUS M5A99FX $147.99 (5 votes [55.56%])

Percentage of vote: 55.56%

2. ASRock Fatal1ty 990FX (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

3. GIGABYTE GA-990FX $118.00 (4 votes [44.44%])

Percentage of vote: 44.44%

Vote Guests cannot vote

Alenori

Alenori

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Next paycheck coming up, I will have the money to do an upgrade.

Here is the link to my comparisons of an:
ASUS M5A99FX

ASRock Fatal1ty 990FX

or

GIGABYTE GA-990FX

Any interest or help will be greatly appreciated.
I will leave a poll, I will choose the mobo in two weeks time.

I am also buying an
FX-8320E
Kraken X61 280mm RAD

these are to replace my MSI 970A mobo, my FX-4350 CPU, and adding a cooler instead of just more case fans.

http://www.newegg.co...131-851:$$$$$$$

Psycho29388

Psycho29388

Advanced Member

• Head Admin
  • 1,342 posts
  • LocationThe InternetZ
I've had no problems getting Gigabyte boards to work, meanwhile Asus likes to constantly fuck up and not work with supported hardware, and I haven't used ASRock before so, I vote Gigabyte.

Also I hope you don't mind me deleting your other thread that didn't have the poll, since this one works just like the other thread anyhow.

Alenori

Alenori

• Pip
  • 4 posts
no problem, I don't mind.

Mr10dans

Mr10dans

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 263 posts
  • LocationBeverly, Ma
ASrock Intel  boards I have used are finicky when it comes to their bios updates.  I would vote to try the Gigabyte.  Don't have any experience with AMD boards.

DisMeMbeR

DisMeMbeR

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 63 posts
  • LocationIdaho
i would go with Asus. i have had nothing but problems with GIGABYTE . i run AMD and Asus. love everything about them.
Dip Dip potato chip
Posted Image

TheMerc

TheMerc

• Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Battlelog:http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/user/MvP-SILENT-/
asrock will be your best bet, that asus mobo is ok.

Dashel

Dashel

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • Battlelog:http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/user/DashelW/
I had a gigabyte board and it burned up on me after a year or so. Asus motherboards i never had a problem with. in fact i just upgraded my rig with a asus A88xm-a mobo.

Aiml3ssCalam1ty

Aiml3ssCalam1ty

Formerly known as randomkill

• PipPipPip
  • 295 posts
  • LocationTexas
To be honest, all 3 of those boards are great mobo's. What it will really come down to with this particular line-up would be what features and aesthetics you prefer. All 3x boards manufactures make good products, each of the ones picked have good ratings from customers. I prefer the Killer LAN on the ASRock, the VRM's on this Asus board, and the Dual Bios of the Gigabyte.

You can't go wrong with either board, just pick the one that has the features and expansion that you are looking for. Good Luck ^_^

SavageGun

SavageGun

• PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • Battlelog:http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/soldier/Mr_SavageGun/stats/242019908/pc/
  • LocationManitowoc, WI
ASUS is my brand of choice. It has been for over 20 years and has yet to let me down. The blind side for me is the AMD CPU. I don't use them and haven't really tested any for about 4 years. I'm currently using Intel's i7 5960x. The problem I'm running into is the DDR-4 compatibility with 2666 MT/s.

Gigabyte has some nice boards. I have had a couple and was very pleased with their performance. All of my ASUS boards out scored them in bench-testing, but not by too much.

ASRock is the new up and coming board maker. They really made a name for themselves with their new Windows 8 boards. I believe the 990FX Extreme 9 is the one that surprised many of us. On the flip side they have run into problems with updating BIOS and drivers. I think they're a real up and coming manufacturer, but they do have some room to grow.

The best 'Bang for the Buck' is ASUS.
Posted Image

Awake

Awake

Advanced Member

• Board
  • 725 posts
evga or nothing
Posted Image Posted Image

PC Gamer 753

PC Gamer 753

"Retired"

• Head Admin
  • 446 posts
I've got a top of the line GIGABYTE Z87 (yeah right after I built it, they released Z97 Go figure) It's never given me any problems. Using AMD R7 260X's in a Crossfire config, with a Intel Core i5 4670k Water-cooled.
"Retired"
PC Gamer 753

Awake

Awake

Advanced Member

• Board
  • 725 posts
it has a lot of life left in it, could only think of memory upgrade's cpu , ps . swapping out cases etc.... other than that you seem to be doin great with that config although I would switch to NVidia eventually....amd stuff is to loud !

Clash

Clash

Advanced Member

• Friend of LKG
  • 120 posts
  • LocationCanada
I have an older revision of that gigabyte board (1.1 instead of 4.0). So far its been a pretty amazing board. It looks nice and its been decent for overclocking. Handles SLI decently. I don't like that they changed the heatsinks though, but the new ones are probably better anyways. I've had mine for years and its still going. I wouldn't bother with the more expensive asus or asrock boards.

Edit: guess this is a really old post that awake decided he needed to revive...

Awake

Awake

Advanced Member

• Board
  • 725 posts
yup, I was bored :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users