30FPS vs 60FPS

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

Garrett

Garrett

Resident Ginger

• Friend of LKG
  • 218 posts
Some say the human eye can't see above 30fps. See for yourself.

http://30vs60.com/
"There once was a boy named brown, he ran at a cop with a frown. Six bullets later, he met his creator, then his homies burnt down the town."

Psycho29388

Psycho29388

Advanced Member

• Head Admin
  • 1,342 posts
  • LocationThe InternetZ
Only complete console peasants believe that shit.

TheChimpa

TheChimpa

MOFO-Monkey Official Foreign Officer

• PipPipPip
  • 502 posts
  • LocationLimey Land
its not just about what the eye can see, 60 fps feels a lot smoother than 30 fps does, and again 120/144 feels even more smoother than 60fps
Core i5 3570k 3.6GHz || ASUS GTX 780 DirectCU II x 2 || Gigabyte z77-d3h || G.SKILL Ripjaws 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3 2111 || 256GB Samsung SSD PRO || 120GB OCZ Vertex 3 SSD || 1TB HDD || Creative Sound Blaster ZX || Cooler Master Vanguard 1000W PSU || NZXT Phantom 410 || BenQ XL2411T 144hz Monitor || Windows 7 64-bit ||

Garrett

Garrett

Resident Ginger

• Friend of LKG
  • 218 posts

View PostTheChimpa, on 11 May 2014 - 09:25 PM, said:

120/144

Once you play 144, you never go back.
"There once was a boy named brown, he ran at a cop with a frown. Six bullets later, he met his creator, then his homies burnt down the town."

jpcrash

jpcrash

• PipPip
  • 27 posts
  • LocationSacramento, CA, USA
144? You must be kidding?
i5 something, bought it at frys. Asus motherboard. 32 gigs ram. 500GB Samsung SD, a few other large hard drives. 4 monitors and logitech wireless headset that rocks. Plain ol keyboard and mouse. More computer than I know what to do with. Oh ya, some awesome video card that was $500 or something. I was told I could play pretty much any game on hi res with it.

Psycho29388

Psycho29388

Advanced Member

• Head Admin
  • 1,342 posts
  • LocationThe InternetZ

View Postjpcrash, on 27 May 2014 - 06:41 PM, said:

144? You must be kidding?
No, they exist, and I bet it looks so damn smooth.

I'm content with my 75hz monitor though.

Garrett

Garrett

Resident Ginger

• Friend of LKG
  • 218 posts

Psycho29388, on 27 May 2014 - 06:46 PM, said:

No, they exist, and I bet it looks so damn smooth.

I'm content with my 75hz monitor though.

They look amazing, I tried a BenQ 144hz in Micro Center a few days back.

The build was a 4770K and dual 780Tis.

I am also content with my 75hz monitor, Psycho.

I like 75hz :D

TheChimpa

TheChimpa

MOFO-Monkey Official Foreign Officer

• PipPipPip
  • 502 posts
  • LocationLimey Land
I play with a 144hz monitor and its so purdy and shinny lol
Core i5 3570k 3.6GHz || ASUS GTX 780 DirectCU II x 2 || Gigabyte z77-d3h || G.SKILL Ripjaws 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3 2111 || 256GB Samsung SSD PRO || 120GB OCZ Vertex 3 SSD || 1TB HDD || Creative Sound Blaster ZX || Cooler Master Vanguard 1000W PSU || NZXT Phantom 410 || BenQ XL2411T 144hz Monitor || Windows 7 64-bit ||

wingman

wingman

• 15 posts
  • Battlelog:Pvt-Wingman
  • LocationMoncton NewBrunswick
What is the best way for me to show mt FPS while in game. I have the one console line command but that stays for one game then gone, I would like to see it all the time. I am trying to determine if its time to upgrade my cards.

a_papercut

a_papercut

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 216 posts
  • Battlelog:QuillionBlade
  • LocationWatertown, New York
Honestly,  I see no difference... the one on the right looks like it has a sharper image but that has nothing to do with frame rate but resolution.

View Postwingman, on 30 May 2014 - 11:51 AM, said:

What is the best way for me to show mt FPS while in game. I have the one console line command but that stays for one game then gone, I would like to see it all the time. I am trying to determine if its time to upgrade my cards.

FRAPS
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image

wingman

wingman

• 15 posts
  • Battlelog:Pvt-Wingman
  • LocationMoncton NewBrunswick
reply thanks paper will try

Garrett

Garrett

Resident Ginger

• Friend of LKG
  • 218 posts

View Postwingman, on 30 May 2014 - 01:58 PM, said:

reply thanks paper will try

Don't use Fraps with BF4 or BF3. It docks your FPS too much. Buy DXTORY use render.drawfps 1 for br3 and perfoverlahy.drawfps 1 for BF4.

If you want, I can get on TeamViewer and set the BF4 one up for you with a user.cfg file.

jpcrash

jpcrash

• PipPip
  • 27 posts
  • LocationSacramento, CA, USA
I can tell 30 vs 60 on my big screen but that is about it. It was really weird to get used to it. I'm just not hard core enough to care either way.
i5 something, bought it at frys. Asus motherboard. 32 gigs ram. 500GB Samsung SD, a few other large hard drives. 4 monitors and logitech wireless headset that rocks. Plain ol keyboard and mouse. More computer than I know what to do with. Oh ya, some awesome video card that was $500 or something. I was told I could play pretty much any game on hi res with it.

a_papercut

a_papercut

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 216 posts
  • Battlelog:QuillionBlade
  • LocationWatertown, New York

View PostTechnoGarrett, on 30 May 2014 - 05:05 PM, said:

Don't use Fraps with BF4 or BF3. It docks your FPS too much. Buy DXTORY use render.drawfps 1 for br3 and perfoverlahy.drawfps 1 for BF4.

If you want, I can get on TeamViewer and set the BF4 one up for you with a user.cfg file.

Never had any problems... get 144fps on BF4 with fraps running AND benchmarking
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users