6 replies to this topic

a_papercut

a_papercut

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 216 posts
  • Battlelog:QuillionBlade
  • LocationWatertown, New York
Going to start off with a FUCK YOU EA...

Downloaded Origin and installed it and BAM, got PC Optimizer, Conduit Search, and FITY Web Services as an unwanted free gift.

Tried to un-install them myself, but NOOOOOOOOO each of them fuckered with the ROOT so they would keep showing up... eventually got rid of them with AdwCleaner.

Sent my steps and issues up to Avast and to EA.
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image

Garrett

Garrett

Resident Ginger

• Friend of LKG
  • 218 posts

View Posta_papercut, on 07 May 2014 - 02:41 AM, said:

Downloaded Origin and installed it and BAM, got PC Optimizer, Conduit Search, and FITY Web Services as an unwanted free gift.

Where did you download Origin from?

If I am correct the Origin installer comes with no adware/spyware in the install.

I just installed Origin on my friend's PC and it had no option for anything like that.

Nor did anything like that install. It was a clean 8.1 install.
"There once was a boy named brown, he ran at a cop with a frown. Six bullets later, he met his creator, then his homies burnt down the town."

a_papercut

a_papercut

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 216 posts
From the actual orgin website, and they're not considered adware/spyware... they're Potentially Unwanted Programs.... like Avast and fucking god damn spying Google Chrome.
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image

Psycho29388

Psycho29388

Advanced Member

• Head Admin
  • 1,342 posts
  • LocationThe InternetZ
There had to be something you missed during the installer if anything.

Always make sure you customize the installation or you end up with unwanted bullshit.

Clash

Clash

Advanced Member

• Friend of LKG
  • 120 posts
  • LocationCanada
I ended up getting that shit from an installation that i canceled during the setup window. Did you by any chance cancel another installation around the same time? You said it was a clean instal so there were probably a ton of other things you had to instal too.

Also run a scan with malwarebytes. adwcleaner still left some of that shit behind

Garrett

Garrett

Resident Ginger

• Friend of LKG
  • 218 posts

View PostClashOfTime, on 07 May 2014 - 05:34 PM, said:

Also run a scan with malwarebytes.

Always scan with MalwareBytes. Always.
"There once was a boy named brown, he ran at a cop with a frown. Six bullets later, he met his creator, then his homies burnt down the town."

a_papercut

a_papercut

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 216 posts

View PostPsycho29388, on 07 May 2014 - 11:42 AM, said:

There had to be something you missed during the installer if anything.

Always make sure you customize the installation or you end up with unwanted bullshit.

Only a Realtek Audio Manager... got that from the Realtek site... also likely from another source or it just piggy backed has happened before especially with the way companies are doing their downloads nowadays.
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users