Mics

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

Poll: Should Microphones be required for administrators of LKG? (18 member(s) have cast votes)

Should Microphones be required for administrators of LKG?

1. Yes (17 votes [94.44%])

Percentage of vote: 94.44%

2. No (1 votes [5.56%])

Percentage of vote: 5.56%

3. I don't know/Need more information (post below) (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

Erica_Harbor

Erica_Harbor

Advanced Member

• 807 posts
Go.

Ex3narc

Ex3narc

Master in the Art of the Interbutts

• Founder
  • 383 posts
  • LocationMaryland, USA
haha. well.... i think its a damn good poll. I think that in a Head Admin - Board, you should have a "voice".

Ceathor

Ceathor

Advanced Member

• Administrator
  • PipPipPip
  • 384 posts
  • Battlelog:CeathorC
  • LocationOslo, Norway
Can you please specify whether you mean LKG Administrator or LKG Member? I agree that you should have a microphone if you're going to have administrative access to any of our servers, but I disagree for simple membership.

Posted Image

Meeting in person is defined as AFK, not IRL. The internet is real.

TheChimpa

TheChimpa

MOFO-Monkey Official Foreign Officer

• PipPipPip
  • 502 posts
  • LocationLimey Land

View PostCeathor, on 06 May 2014 - 04:40 PM, said:

I agree that you should have a microphone if you're going to have administrative access to any of our servers, but I disagree for simple membership.

Core i5 3570k 3.6GHz || ASUS GTX 780 DirectCU II x 2 || Gigabyte z77-d3h || G.SKILL Ripjaws 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3 2111 || 256GB Samsung SSD PRO || 120GB OCZ Vertex 3 SSD || 1TB HDD || Creative Sound Blaster ZX || Cooler Master Vanguard 1000W PSU || NZXT Phantom 410 || BenQ XL2411T 144hz Monitor || Windows 7 64-bit ||

Erica_Harbor

Erica_Harbor

Advanced Member

• 807 posts

View PostCeathor, on 06 May 2014 - 04:40 PM, said:

Can you please specify whether you mean LKG Administrator or LKG Member? I agree that you should have a microphone if you're going to have administrative access to any of our servers, but I disagree for simple membership.
Posted Image

Ceathor

Ceathor

Advanced Member

• Administrator
  • PipPipPip
  • 384 posts
  • Battlelog:CeathorC
  • LocationOslo, Norway

View PostErica_Harbor, on 06 May 2014 - 05:53 PM, said:

Posted Image
I saw this, which is why I asked you to specify it, considering you were speaking about the recruitment and members yesterday.

Posted Image

Meeting in person is defined as AFK, not IRL. The internet is real.

Psycho29388

Psycho29388

Advanced Member

• Head Admin
  • 1,342 posts
  • LocationThe InternetZ
How about...

Recruits, Basic Members, and Basic Admins - No mic Requirement

Head Admin, CEO, Board, etc - Mic Requirement.

MotherMan

MotherMan

Yo-Yo Yolo Club President

• Founder
  • 1,462 posts
  • Battlelog:http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/user/MotherManX/
  • LocationNew York, New York
I like the way you are thinking Psycho. I would go further on basic Admins saying that if they are on the server actually administrating they must have a mic. In the case a player appealing their ban enters the channel or if coordination in administrating is needed

That being said, with the case of those already admin who don't use a mic (I think just Kitsuni) they should be waved from the requirement. But if they(she) ever aspires for greater things in the community then they (she) must get a mic
Posted Image

DaedalusOS

DaedalusOS

"I can't be that creative"

• PipPipPip
  • 51 posts
  • Battlelog:ZOMGForgotFace
The way I see it anyone that is in any sort of staff position should be required to have a mic.

For example, if all the administrators are having a meeting and said person is in there with no mic, they may get left behind in the conversation. The time it takes to type compared to that of talking is  a decent gap. The group may have switched to a different topic and yet that person is still trying to reply to the last topic.

The second thing is people coming into teamspeak asking for assistance. A few times I have seen people come into teamspeak with questions regarding why they were kicked, admin abusing, etc. It would be a hell of a lot easier to communicate with that player if the admin had a mic.

Final thing, the way text can be perceived. Text is text, there is no tone, no speed, no feeling with that text. Therefore, text can be misinterpreted. Someone may say something and a player gets frustrated because they took what they read wrong, when if that person had a mic and said it, it would be more clear. It is easier to get your point across with a mic that without.

That is just my opinion though. So yes, I think anyone with any sort of staff position should be required to have a mic.

View PostMotherMan, on 06 May 2014 - 08:14 PM, said:

That being said, with the case of those already admin who don't use a mic (I think just Kitsuni) they should be waved from the requirement. But if they(she) ever aspires for greater things in the community then they (she) must get a mic

That statement frustrated me a little.

The way I see it, an admin is not above the rules or rules after the fact. I don't mean to sound like I am bashing on Kitsuni here, but admins should not be treated more loosely than that of a regular LKG member.

Just because a person of is of a higher power does not mean that they should be able to get by easier. "Let it slide" as some people say. Admins should be held accountable just as much as a regular player is.

Mr10dans

Mr10dans

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 263 posts
  • LocationBeverly, Ma
All admins should have a mic. How effective can they be without one?

MotherMan

MotherMan

Yo-Yo Yolo Club President

• Founder
  • 1,462 posts
  • Battlelog:http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/user/MotherManX/
  • LocationNew York, New York

View PostZOMGForgotFace, on 06 May 2014 - 08:19 PM, said:

The way I see it, an admin is not above the rules or rules after the fact. I don't mean to sound like I am bashing on Kitsuni here, but admins should not be treated more loosely than that of a regular LKG member.

Just because a person of is of a higher power does not mean that they should be able to get by easier. "Let it slide" as some people say. Admins should be held accountable just as much as a regular player is.

I only included this because I find it destructive to force individuals (in real life and in the community) into an ultimatum to change their ways when for them things have functioned productively for some time. It is in no sense a let it slide policy or an example of authority side stepping rules, but more as an understanding that it would be unfair to say "you have done fine at your position all this time but we demand you change today or else you get the boot."

Kitsuni is not being held at a higher level than everyone else because she is an admin, but because she has put in the time and commitment into the community all along. At the time she accepted the role of admin there was no such policy requiring voice speak. It would be an insult in a way to retroactively require a new stipulation to something she already agreed to many months ago.

However, It should be noted that I did say she is only locked into the admin position with no opportunity for advancement if she decides on her own to not upgrade to speak, but that is her decision to hold herself back and no one else's.

And this is an only one time case. For all future admins the rule would already have been established and they must adhere to it, because they will know at the time they accept the role that this is what is required of them
Posted Image

DaedalusOS

DaedalusOS

"I can't be that creative"

• PipPipPip
  • 51 posts
  • Battlelog:ZOMGForgotFace

View PostMotherMan, on 06 May 2014 - 09:04 PM, said:

I only included this because I find it destructive to force individuals (in real life and in the community) into an ultimatum to change their ways when for them things have functioned productively for some time. It is in no sense a let it slide policy or an example of authority side stepping rules, but more as an understanding that it would be unfair to say "you have done fine at your position all this time but we demand you change today or else you get the boot."

Kitsuni is not being held at a higher level than everyone else because she is an admin, but because she has put in the time and commitment into the community all along. At the time she accepted the role of admin there was no such policy requiring voice speak. It would be an insult in a way to retroactively require a new stipulation to something she already agreed to many months ago.

However, It should be noted that I did say she is only locked into the admin position with no opportunity for advancement if she decides on her own to not upgrade to speak, but that is her decision to hold herself back and no one else's.

And this is an only one time case. For all future admins the rule would already have been established and they must adhere to it, because they will know at the time they accept the role that this is what is required of them

I agree with you about the "we demand this or you get the boot." I kind of went off topic with the whole "admin should be treated the same as players."

It would be a bad idea to do something that rash just because of a microphone.

RJTravis

RJTravis

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 449 posts
  • LocationSavannah, GA

View PostMotherMan, on 06 May 2014 - 09:04 PM, said:

I disagree because I can & love the dick.

There I fix'ed it for you xD
Posted Image

TriggerhappyNY

TriggerhappyNY

• PipPipPip
  • 140 posts
I think should be a requirement to application in the clan.

Not just for admins(this should be a must)

A player can type his age .. type what ever in TS the server or where ever, to fool you into who he(or she) really is.   A person unless a profesional lier can not hold the act on avg more then 2 weeks before their true colors start to shine through.  I spent a majority of my gaming career in direct or supervision of recruitment and have always proven the mic as important to the clan as mouse to play the game.

they come in with out a mic .. There should be a set time in the application process to get one, or their application should be on hold.

my experiance .. my 2 cents

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users