choosing a 780

zotac amp edition?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

modskillage

modskillage

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
I decided to get a gtx 780 or the r9 290 due to the huge amount in price increase, and worse performance in most games. Newegg has a 50 dollar off code until the 21st, and i need to choose what 780 model I want to get by then. There is ONE review website posting the amp edition results and its at the top of all 780s, toms hardware, youtube, etc don't have reviews and this card isn't very popolar, link:http://www.newegg.co...N82E16814500311. It is at a cheap price, and has one of the highest factory clocks. Should I get this, or possibly a 780 evga FTW edition, or something else. I am willing to overclock btw. Thanks for the help guys.

modskillage

modskillage

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
So I narrowed the choices down to the zotac amp edition, msi lightning, or the evga classified. Which one will perform the best when overclocked? Would be awesome if you guys could help.THANKS

Psycho29388

Psycho29388

Advanced Member

• Head Admin
  • 1,342 posts
  • LocationThe InternetZ
Delta will agree with me on this when I say: Always EVGA for Nvidia.

ebough

ebough

Administrator

• Administrator
  • PipPipPip
  • 373 posts
  • LocationIndianapolis, IN
EVGA
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Kitsuni

Kitsuni

Everybodies favorite furry

• PipPipPip
  • 437 posts
  • LocationTeH Moon~!
I personally say ASUS 780, but I'm bias.
- "Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure you are not, in fact, just surrounded by assholes."

Aiml3ssCalam1ty

Aiml3ssCalam1ty

Formerly known as randomkill

• PipPipPip
  • 295 posts
  • LocationTexas
http://www.newegg.co...N82E16814130942 For Cooler GPU Temps and higher case temp $499 + $6 shipping

http://www.newegg.co...N82E16814130917  For higher GPU temps but cooler case temp + It looks Bad@$$ (and quite heavy) $509 + free shipping

Definitely, the EVGA cards are fantastic, although I wouldn't waste the extra $70 on the "classified" edition since it doesn't mean much of anything. I have the bottom of the barrel, stock, reference design 780 and my Overclock is currently at 1215Mhz on the core and 3500Mhz (DDR=7000Mhz) on the RAM and that's only so I can keep the temperature @75C with no additional voltage increase. Of course every card is different, at the time it was the cheapest version (It's $539 atm for some reason...)

modskillage

modskillage

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
thanks for the feedback guys, I ended up buying the 780 gigabyte ghz edition before any of the posts, lol. I am getting a boost clock of 1165, without any overclocking. Very happy with my purchase, I was going to buy the msi lightning but it wouldn't allow sli and wouldn't fit in my case.

jonnynguyen2

jonnynguyen2

Resident Crazy Bastard

• Administrator
  • PipPipPip
  • 681 posts
  • LocationThe Great White North Eh!
Nice !! My giga 560 ti 448's ran 1165 for about 11 seconds before it melted!!!

Jn
Posted Image

TheChimpa

TheChimpa

MOFO-Monkey Official Foreign Officer

• PipPipPip
  • 502 posts
  • LocationLimey Land
that was really smart jonny well done! :D
Core i5 3570k 3.6GHz || ASUS GTX 780 DirectCU II x 2 || Gigabyte z77-d3h || G.SKILL Ripjaws 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3 2111 || 256GB Samsung SSD PRO || 120GB OCZ Vertex 3 SSD || 1TB HDD || Creative Sound Blaster ZX || Cooler Master Vanguard 1000W PSU || NZXT Phantom 410 || BenQ XL2411T 144hz Monitor || Windows 7 64-bit ||

modskillage

modskillage

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
lol, it shouldn't melt. On 55% fan temps haven't exceeded 72c after an hour of bf4.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users