h100i corsair

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Awake

Awake

Advanced Member

• Board
  • 725 posts
if anyone has one of these be weary of your temps... mine suddenly died yesterday (pump failure)  and luckily I caught it in time ... temps raised to 98 c and was pretty pisst when I realized what was going on  with it.    put the h50 back in today, nowhere to really mount the radiator so it is sitting on top of the 600t with 2 fans on it for now back to 24c atm so all seems to be ok I hope.
Posted Image Posted Image

Aiml3ssCalam1ty

Aiml3ssCalam1ty

Formerly known as randomkill

• PipPipPip
  • 295 posts
  • LocationTexas
damn, I haven't really heard of pump failure like that, I sure hope it doesn't turn out to be a new thing... I'm glad your cpu is safe though and that you caught it in-time. I'll adjust my cpu shut-off-temp. Thanks.

Psycho29388

Psycho29388

Advanced Member

• Head Admin
  • 1,342 posts
  • LocationThe InternetZ
You should check your bios for a "Failsafe" temp option.

My motherboard makes a VERY loud beep noise if the CPU goes over 60c, and I can select 70, 80, or 90 if need be.

Awake

Awake

Advanced Member

• Board
  • 725 posts
had no prob with the temp shutting it down , my bios does that of course... just had some issues for an hour or two diagnosing the issue , before switching back to my h50 and rma'ing the h100i which is already shipped back to corsair. not sure I will install it again once it comes back though.
Posted Image Posted Image

Psycho29388

Psycho29388

Advanced Member

• Head Admin
  • 1,342 posts
  • LocationThe InternetZ

View PostAwake, on 24 November 2013 - 02:08 AM, said:

had no prob with the temp shutting it down , my bios does that of course... just had some issues for an hour or two diagnosing the issue , before switching back to my h50 and rma'ing the h100i which is already shipped back to corsair. not sure I will install it again once it comes back though.
To be honest, you should give it a second chance. I always do that with anything I RMA. If the thing they send you back doesn't work yet again then that's the time to be looking for a new product from someone else.

DoctorBadass

DoctorBadass

• PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • LocationWhispering Pines, NC
Its common for the H-series pumps to go bad after a while... had it happen to an H60 I had, and got a H60i in return :)

But that's all when I had a PC. Still trying to get one setup...
Bike Collection:
- 1986 Kawasaki ZX1000R
- 1980 Kawasaki KZ750 LTD

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users