• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

Ex3narc

Ex3narc

Master in the Art of the Interbutts

• Founder
  • 383 posts
  • LocationMaryland, USA
What is FBI Moneypak Virus/ Malware? Your PC blocked by FBI send 100 dollars or $200 to moneypak?

FBI Moneypak Virus/ Malware is defined as a ransomware just like other one, for example, Gema and GVU from Germany, Sacem from France, Buma Stemra from Netherland, Politie Federal Computer Crime Unit Ukash Virus from Belgium and Computer Crime & Intellectual Property Section from USA. Computer locked up on the screen is something from fbi.gov saying you have the FBI $100 virus, And this message popped up and said FBI: and it pretty much locked my computer unless i pay 100 dollars within the next 72 hours, it wont let me do anything. well it says FBI at the top and then copyright of the criminal code of the USA, it says the FBI federal bureau of investigation and then attention. You couldn’t get the PC to respond to anything while it was running. When the FBI has locked your computer then you need to send 100 dollars to unlock your computer, otherwise, the infected computer has an FBI Moneypak Virus/ Malware warning on my computer moneypak warning blocked the whole screen and need money pak always. Have you seen such bug that locks down the PC and displays an IE screen saying the computer is on locked down by the FBI and you must pay a $100 fine to unlock the PC? We figured out that usually the trojan comes via an email link. If you clicked on the link the the virus loaded itself prior to the desktop which may be what this does. Many computer users tried several times on different machines to get rid of it – no chance.

Posted Image

Guest_Delta_*

Guest_Delta_*
  • Guests
Some bad stuff right there. i will keep an eye out for it and spread the word. thanks for informing us narc.

Pranxtor

Pranxtor

Advanced Member

• Founder
  • 315 posts
  • LocationParis Kentucky
It activates a proxy server lock.. you can unlock your computer by going into the control panel.. internet options.. connections.. LAN settings.. and unclick the "Use proxy server for your LAN".  Step 2 is download a freeware program called RKILL at http://www.bleepingc...download/rkill/ ... running that will stop the takeover of your computer.  Step 3 is download and run MalwareBytes at http://download.cnet...4-10804572.html ... quarantine any virus/malware you find after running it.  Then do a complete update of your anti-virus.  Bam.. you beat it!

Lagalot

Lagalot

• PipPip
  • 19 posts
  • LocationPhoenix,AZ
I just got a Spam mail today from FBI with a ZIP file   LOLZ

Guest_Red_Harley_*

Guest_Red_Harley_*
  • Guests
I use Paid verson of AVAST and never get that stuff, hers poping i dont. Some of that mallwear is tricky stuff for sure..

Psycho29388

Psycho29388

Advanced Member

• Head Admin
  • 1,342 posts
  • LocationThe InternetZ
I use the free version of avast and besides, stuff like this always ends up in my spam folder which I delete every day anyways.

HouseAtreidies

HouseAtreidies

Advanced Member

• 31 posts
  • LocationJacksonville FL
I fix these for people at least once a month, so im talking from experience here...1) there are variations to this virus, some users are able to bypass the screenlock by simply turning off the puter (holding power button) and logging into another user acct. However, ive seen versions of this load when trying to boot into safemode, and safemode with networking. The only boot that worked was safemode with cmd prompt, in which case they can then enable admin acct. If I have the box myself (rather than helping over the phone) and its windows 7 or earlier, I boot a live cd (hirens 15.9) and run av from there (mini winxp in Linux boot kernel). Pranxtor mentioned emails as probable infection source, but ive seen it 4 times from simple surf clicking (client didn't open any emails).   2) There are many ways to get around this, especially if you have a clean puter nearby, there are tons of live cds you can burn and boot into, you can create a bootable usb as well. 3) In order to be safe from ransomware like this(and many other problems) the best practice is to A. Always have at least 2 admin group accts. B. Keep a live cd or usb you can boot from (examples are hirens, barts pe, av vendors like avast, bitdefender, hitman pro, etc have free bootables). C. Image your hdd or ssd regularly, because the only way to ever know for sure your pc is clean is to write ones and zeros over your entire drive. Av vendors (33 I think) only have definitions for on average 12% of all malware, which means even if you scanned with every single av you wouldn't get it all. D. remember its YOUR puter! YOU have physical access to it, which means all the hackers and malware in the world cant defeat you. Don't fight with them, image(clean install plus basics you need) and backup(all media,documents,etc), and you will never have to call or bring it to someone like me.
" I don't want to belong to any club that will accept people like me as a member." -Groucho Marx

a_papercut

a_papercut

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 216 posts
  • Battlelog:QuillionBlade
  • LocationWatertown, New York
My motto is, if the government wants to contact me they can either call, show up in person, or send an email to my mail.mil account.
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image

Psycho29388

Psycho29388

Advanced Member

• Head Admin
  • 1,342 posts
  • LocationThe InternetZ

View Posta_papercut, on 18 March 2014 - 01:07 PM, said:

My motto is, if the government wants to contact me they can either call, show up in person, or send an email to my mail.mil account.
I just figure if the government ever wants to contact me, they must want me dead.

That's when I usually take shelter under the house for a few months.

Erica_Harbor

Erica_Harbor

Advanced Member

• 807 posts

View Posta_papercut, on 18 March 2014 - 01:07 PM, said:

Bumping 8 month old threads like a pro.

MotherMan

MotherMan

Yo-Yo Yolo Club President

• Founder
  • 1,462 posts
  • Battlelog:http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/user/MotherManX/
  • LocationNew York, New York
8 months? This is from 2012!
Posted Image

a_papercut

a_papercut

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 216 posts
  • Battlelog:QuillionBlade
  • LocationWatertown, New York

View PostErica_Harbor, on 18 March 2014 - 08:21 PM, said:

Bumping 8 month old threads like a pro.

I gotta be a pro at somethin'
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image

Erica_Harbor

Erica_Harbor

Advanced Member

• 807 posts

View PostMotherMan, on 18 March 2014 - 09:00 PM, said:

8 months? This is from 2012!

was referring to the last post before papercut poted, was from june 2013

jonnynguyen2

jonnynguyen2

Resident Crazy Bastard

• Administrator
  • PipPipPip
  • 681 posts
  • LocationThe Great White North Eh!

Posted Image

Psycho29388

Psycho29388

Advanced Member

• Head Admin
  • 1,342 posts
  • LocationThe InternetZ
damn you jonny, making me waste my time when I need to be doing schoolwork.

http://gifsound.com/..._izvAbhExY&s=33

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users