NLKornolio

Advanced Member

• Administrator
  • PipPipPip
  • 411 posts
  • LocationHolland
Hey Guys,

What kind of headset you are using ?

Am looking for a new one as i got a really crap stereo from Microsoft ^^ Since been playing with you i had lots off pain in the ears.

Looking to a 7.1 gaming headset,
Thinking of buying this one http://tweakers.net/...com-780-71.html.

Just wondering what you guys have ? Do you have more than 2 speakers with virtual surround or got real surround ?
Posted Image

Kitsuni

Kitsuni

Everybodies favorite furry

• PipPipPip
  • 437 posts
  • LocationTeH Moon~!
Plantronics are good but it has a usb connection instead of 3.5mm jacks. And I've always heard that it's better to find a headset that does virtual surround than actually having a headset with 6 different speakers in them or so.. <.<

Though I can't say much about the mic part of headsets because I've never had anything but problems with them lol.

- "Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure you are not, in fact, just surrounded by assholes."

TheLeadWall

TheLeadWall

• Guests
  • PipPipPip
  • 149 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
Astros, you can't go wrong with them. Virtual surround is much better than physical sound. Also, USB sound is garbage. You need a sound card for best quality.
I don't suffer from my insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

NLKornolio

NLKornolio

Advanced Member

• Administrator
  • PipPipPip
  • 411 posts
  • LocationHolland
Astros is a bit more expensive ;0 Not going to buy an extra soundcard with it wanna make it as cheap as possilbe. Heard that there are some excellent software programs that do about the same as your sound card.
BTW see a lot of bad reviews on the Astros site

I ordered the plantronic tomorrow it should arive ;)
Posted Image

Psycho29388

Psycho29388

Advanced Member

• Head Admin
  • 1,342 posts
  • LocationThe InternetZ
The only advice I can give you is don't even bother looking at logitech.

Everything of theirs is good except headsets/headphones.

Kinsata

Kinsata

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 288 posts
  • LocationFrench Settlement, LA
I use a Razer Tiamat 7.1 and love it.
Those who believe in nothing, have nothing to defend.

TheLeadWall

TheLeadWall

• Guests
  • PipPipPip
  • 149 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
If you actually get a nice soundcard like a soundblaster z (which is what I have now), you'll notice a world of difference. I upgraded from a creative x-fi fatal1ty and there's a huge difference.  You're better off getting a good soundcard than a new headset if you want better sound quality overall.

NLKornolio

NLKornolio

Advanced Member

• Administrator
  • PipPipPip
  • 411 posts
  • LocationHolland
I had to change my standard microsoft headset it was hurting my ears. Not as good as i expected but atleast it something
Posted Image

Mavtop

Mavtop

Banned!

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 146 posts
Razer Blackshark.
And I own.
So you can't go wrong.
But I also have a soundblaster Zxr card w scout mode.
So I might be a little biased

TheLeadWall

TheLeadWall

• Guests
  • PipPipPip
  • 149 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
Use your soundblaster ZxR without the mixamp, I heard you get much better sound quality.

ThirdScepter

ThirdScepter

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
I know this is kind of a late response, but being a pseudo-audiophile myself I always like talking about this stuff. I would actually recommend going away from the 7.1 surround headset approach. Two beefy drivers are always better than a bunch of tiny ones in your cans. Virtualizing 7.1 surround on a software level (using DOLBY Home Theater v4 for example) will always sound better.

If I was to suggest anything it would be to stay away from the whole headset market and buy yourself a nice pair of headphones and an attachable mic. I'll link bellow the two products I'm using currently. The Audio Technica ATH-AD700X are amazing for positional audio due to their open back design and wide sound stage making them ideal for gaming. Check out some reviews online and see if it's something you'd be into. As for the mic, I'm using the AnLlion ModMic 2.0. Reason why I didn't go with the latest model is due to soundcard compatibility. So make sure to check that out if you're interested.

Headphones:
http://www.amazon.co...chnica ath 700x

ModMic
http://www.modmic.com/

NLKornolio

NLKornolio

Advanced Member

• Administrator
  • PipPipPip
  • 411 posts
  • LocationHolland
Tx for advice you got another good program that can make my 7.1 with 2 speakers sound better using dfx audio enhancer now. Could find a nzb with that dolby one.
Posted Image

ThirdScepter

ThirdScepter

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
DOLBY Home Theater isn't compatible with everything. I was just using it as an example. Razer Surround is though. Was released not to long ago, it's free, and you don't need any specific hardware to run it. I haven't tried it out myself yet, but everything I've heard from it so far is positive.

http://www.razerzone.com/surround

Kitsuni

Kitsuni

• PipPipPip
  • 437 posts
  • LocationTeH Moon~!
Yeah, when Dolby Home Theater is on I get no sound from bf3 lol. So I never turn it on anymore.
- "Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure you are not, in fact, just surrounded by assholes."

ThirdScepter

ThirdScepter

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
Aah that's unfortunate. It really sounds great if you have compatible hardware.

And if anyone does end up trying out Razer Surround I'd be interested in knowing what you think about it.

Kitsuni

Kitsuni

• PipPipPip
  • 437 posts
  • LocationTeH Moon~!
It came with my hardware, RoG ASUS Xonar Pheobus Soundcard. And It does sound excellent when it works. =P

NLKornolio

NLKornolio

Advanced Member

• Administrator
  • PipPipPip
  • 411 posts
  • LocationHolland

View PostThirdScepter, on 22 October 2013 - 09:13 PM, said:

Aah that's unfortunate. It really sounds great if you have compatible hardware.

And if anyone does end up trying out Razer Surround I'd be interested in knowing what you think about it.
Just installed the razer software it's a bit strange to configure for a USB headset but after 5 minutes playing BF i deinstalled DFX audio.
With the razer software after calibration you can really hear the 7.1 or atleast surround sound. DFX audio didn't give me that feeling.
Posted Image

ThirdScepter

ThirdScepter

• PipPip
  • 13 posts

View PostKitsuni, on 23 October 2013 - 11:54 AM, said:

It came with my hardware, RoG ASUS Xonar Pheobus Soundcard. And It does sound excellent when it works. =P

We have the same soundcard. I've had no issues with the DOLBY software whatsoever. I'd really try to figure out what's causing you to have no audio in BF3. Would be well worth it. I have a custom preset I created for that game and it's never sounded better using anything else.

Here's to hoping the issue doesn't persist with BF4 so you can actually use it with that at least :P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users