• 1,453 posts
  • Battlelog:http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/user/MotherManX/
  • LocationNew York, New York

Low-Key Gaming
Newsletter

Vol. 6 – Oct. 5th, 2013

Opinion: Feelings on Battlefield 4 Beta
By: MotherMan

The wait is over, and Battlefield 4 beta is being played in full force here at Low-Key Gaming. I can tell you, I am definitely impressed with the new features. I know many, me included, have experienced some frustration with the beta. But, one must realize that we are playing an unfinished product that has yet to be optimized. For those who played the Battlefield 3 Beta you experienced a very similar situation with random game crashes, heavy lag, and inconsistent gameplay. So when doing an assessment of the beta you must have that in mind. But without further ado here are the new features I love.

Starting with the first thing you see; the spawn screen. In Battlefield 4 we are introduced to a spawn screen which features a number of useful pieces when trying to enter the battlefield.  At the top of the spawn screen is your class selection. Easy to access and clearly labeled you can see exactly what you are choosing when preparing to spawn. And if you don’t like what your kit currently has, double click on the class and it brings up the kit selection page. The new kit selection was a little foreign when I first started to use it but it features a number of nice touches to help you make the right decision. When selecting a weapon you are presented with data to help you distinguish guns from one another. You can look for damage, rate of fire, stability, and range for each gun. Going back to the spawn screen a nice new feature is the ability to actually click on where you want to spawn instead of having to cycle through a list like you did in BF3. But the best part of the spawn screen is the little closed circuit camera which allows you to know what to expect when you spawn. You either have a fixed camera when spawning on a point that overlooks the area or you get a first person view through the eyes of your squad mate. Helping you avoid those moments where you spawn unknowingly surrounded in enemies.

The next feature which is probably my favorite is the squad play. Battlefield 4 not only rewards you for playing together, it is almost a necessity. Each capture point has multiple points of entry, leaving lone wolfs extremely vulnerable and in most cases it’s a suicidal cause. Because of this it is essential that players work together to attack/defend points, and to take out advancing forces and armor. Outside of a player’s livelihood, another incentive is provided in the form of the squad perks bar. To fill this bar a squad must work together capturing and defending points and/or taking out units.  As the bar fills, it reaches threshold points which reward the squad with perks such as anti-flak, faster heal, extra grenades, and ammo. These perks only remain for as long as one member of the squad remains alive. All of you die, and it is back to square one and an empty perk bar. Now for those who loved to run and gun and play alone, this definitely hurts them. But as we have come to know with the Battlefield series, teamwork is the center of gameplay.

Levolution has not disappointed in Battlefield 4 Beta. The falling of the skyscraper fills every player with awe and I saw people literally stop fighting to watch it go down the first few times. The sound of the twisting metal and the boom of the concrete hitting the ground are just incredible. But, I think it’s the little instances of levolution which makes the game shine. You can slow down armor advancement by putting up the traffic barricade, allowing engineers to sneak behind or giving your armor time to catch up. Closing store shutters will put a barrier between you and your assailants. Giving your squad time to respawn and for you to heal up and find an escape to flank.  Its these little things that you can change constantly through the map which make every battle unique and increases the replay-ability.

Little things I love:
-The swimming is amazing graphically, but being able to duck underwater to avoid detection and bullets just adds to its strategic use. (Swim simulator 2013?)
-Incremental points for things like flag capture and damage on vehicles
-Rewarded a kill for high kill assists
-The cat ads which can be found throughout the map constantly put a smile on my face

Twitter: @lowkeygaming https://twitter.com/lowkeygaming
Facebook:  https://www.facebook...368504653209376
Youtube:  http://www.youtube.c...wKeyRecruitment
Google+*new*:  https://plus.google....363871805/posts
Follow, Fan, and favorite to keep up to date with everything Low-Key Gaming!
Posted Image

Guest_Delta_*

Guest_Delta_*
  • Guests

View PostMotherMan, on 06 October 2013 - 12:36 PM, said:

Low-Key Gaming
Newsletter

Vol. 6 – Oct. 5th, 2013

The wait is over, and Battlefield 4 beta is being played in full force here at Low-Key Gaming. I can tell you, I am definitely impressed with the new features. I know many, me included, have experienced some frustration with the beta. But, one must realize that we are playing an unfinished product that has yet to be optimized. For those who played the Battlefield 3 Beta you experienced a very similar situation with random game crashes, heavy lag, and inconsistent gameplay. So when doing an assessment of the beta you must have that in mind. But without further ado here are the new features I love.

Starting with the first thing you see; the spawn screen. In Battlefield 4 we are introduced to a spawn screen which features a number of useful pieces when trying to enter the battlefield.  At the top of the spawn screen is your class selection. Easy to access and clearly labeled you can see exactly what you are choosing when preparing to spawn. And if you don’t like what your kit currently has, double click on the class and it brings up the kit selection page. The new kit selection was a little foreign when I first started to use it but it features a number of nice touches to help you make the right decision. When selecting a weapon you are presented with data to help you distinguish guns from one another. You can look for damage, rate of fire, stability, and range for each gun. Going back to the spawn screen a nice new feature is the ability to actually click on where you want to spawn instead of having to cycle through a list like you did in BF3. But the best part of the spawn screen is the little closed circuit camera which allows you to know what to expect when you spawn. You either have a fixed camera when spawning on a point that overlooks the area or you get a first person view through the eyes of your squad mate. Helping you avoid those moments where you spawn unknowingly surrounded in enemies.

The next feature which is probably my favorite is the squad play. Battlefield 4 not only rewards you for playing together, it is almost a necessity. Each capture point has multiple points of entry, leaving lone wolfs extremely vulnerable and in most cases it’s a suicidal cause. Because of this it is essential that players work together to attack/defend points, and to take out advancing forces and armor. Outside of a player’s livelihood, another incentive is provided in the form of the squad perks bar. To fill this bar a squad must work together capturing and defending points and/or taking out units.  As the bar fills, it reaches threshold points which reward the squad with perks such as anti-flak, faster heal, extra grenades, and ammo. These perks only remain for as long as one member of the squad remains alive. All of you die, and it is back to square one and an empty perk bar. Now for those who loved to run and gun and play alone, this definitely hurts them. But as we have come to know with the Battlefield series, teamwork is the center of gameplay.

Levolution has not disappointed in Battlefield 4 Beta. The falling of the skyscraper fills every player with awe and I saw people literally stop fighting to watch it go down the first few times. The sound of the twisting metal and the boom of the concrete hitting the ground are just incredible. But, I think it’s the little instances of levolution which makes the game shine. You can slow down armor advancement by putting up the traffic barricade, allowing engineers to sneak behind or giving your armor time to catch up. Closing store shutters will put a barrier between you and your assailants. Giving your squad time to respawn and for you to heal up and find an escape to flank.  Its these little things that you can change constantly through the map which make every battle unique and increases the replay-ability.

Little things I love:
-The swimming is amazing graphically, but being able to duck underwater to avoid detection and bullets just adds to its strategic use. (Swim simulator 2013?)
-The cat ads which can be found throughout the map constantly put a smile on my face

Red Text = Possible correction

Motherman. you need to specify that the above red text is your opinion. not of the community base.. otherwise this is a great newsletter.. Remember to check and proof read with the board if you need a second pair of eyes.. thanks man.

RJTravis

RJTravis

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 449 posts
  • LocationSavannah, GA
Low-Key Gaming
Newsletter
Vol. 6 – Oct. 5th, 2013

Anything in quotations & brackets are my own opinions as the Author of this newsletter.

The wait is over, and Battlefield 4 beta is being played in full force here at Low-Key Gaming. ("I can tell you, I am definitely impressed with the new features.") I know many, me included, have experienced some frustration with the beta. But, one must realize that we are playing an unfinished product that has yet to be optimized. For those who played the Battlefield 3 Beta you experienced a very similar situation with random game crashes, heavy lag, and inconsistent gameplay. So when doing an assessment of the beta you must have that in mind. ("But without further ado here are the new features I love.")

"(Little things I love are as followed below
-The cat ads which can be found throughout the map constantly put a smile on my face")

I believe this might be what delta is looking for you to do by adding "( )" when talking about things you yourself like or is your own opinion to make it clear that its yours & the community.

If not then ignore me LOL
Posted Image

MotherMan

MotherMan

Yo-Yo Yolo Club President

• Founder
  • 1,453 posts
  • Battlelog:http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/user/MotherManX/
  • LocationNew York, New York
Its been in board posts since the 3rd. I also clearly stated it was opinion in article title and by attaching my name to it

Edit: Didn't mean to sound short, just got back last night after 10 hours of travel yesterday and needed sleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep
Posted Image

Guest_Delta_*

Guest_Delta_*
  • Guests
We do not want too much opinion into the news letter is all. it is meant to be an information route for LKG members.

Otherwise it is great.. we will need it in the days to come for battlefield 4

Psycho29388

Psycho29388

Advanced Member

• Head Admin
  • 1,342 posts
  • LocationThe InternetZ
If you don't want to be bias then these are the changes I would have made.

"The wait is over, and Battlefield 4 beta is being played in full force here at Low-Key Gaming, and many people are pretty impressed with the new features."

"But without further ado here are just some of the new features in Battlefield 4."

"Here are a few other minor features in BF4."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users