• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

Kitsuni

Kitsuni

Everybodies favorite furry

• PipPipPip
  • 437 posts
  • LocationTeH Moon~!
Basically a cut down version of Titan and at a much lower price tag, still blows the 680 out of the water. I'll be getting one at some point in time, and though I LOVE the look of the stock Nvidia cooler, I'll opt for the custom cooler ASUS comes up with. Maybe DirectCU III will be designed for it.

http://www.newegg.co...VirtualParent=1

- "Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure you are not, in fact, just surrounded by assholes."

Ceathor

Ceathor

Advanced Member

• Administrator
  • PipPipPip
  • 384 posts
  • Battlelog:CeathorC
  • LocationOslo, Norway
It's awesome, but I'm still into AMD. I'm not going to get a new graphics card until they release the 8,000-series though.

Posted Image

Meeting in person is defined as AFK, not IRL. The internet is real.

Guest_Delta_*

Guest_Delta_*
  • Guests
AMD GPU guy here. i worry about AMD's future.. nvidia again has the jump on them.

Time will tell.

Kitsuni

Kitsuni

• PipPipPip
  • 437 posts
  • LocationTeH Moon~!
Though I'm an Nvidia fan we need to keep AMD in the market and striving to compete other wise the market would grow stagnate as there would be little rush to develop new technologies to compete with the others. So they need to step it up~! Same goes for Intel/AMD.

I'm half asleep typing this, if it come out differently then what I meant I might fix it later... <.<

- "Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure you are not, in fact, just surrounded by assholes."

Psycho29388

Psycho29388

Advanced Member

• Head Admin
  • 1,342 posts
  • LocationThe InternetZ
I read somewhere that it's only going to be 3% faster than the GTX TITAN.

sucks for the rich fags that bought them lol

Kitsuni

Kitsuni

• PipPipPip
  • 437 posts
  • LocationTeH Moon~!
No, it's slightly slower than the titan because it is a Titan just with cut down things like less ram. Though it has improvements like an update fan control profile that factors in heat instead of just load. But it and the Titan are still the top 2 highest performing single GPU cards on the market.

Psycho29388

Psycho29388

Advanced Member

• Head Admin
  • 1,342 posts
  • LocationThe InternetZ

View PostKitsuni, on 24 May 2013 - 12:54 AM, said:

No, it's slightly slower than the titan because it is a Titan just with cut down things like less ram. Though it has improvements like an update fan control profile that factors in heat instead of just load. But it and the Titan are still the top 2 highest performing single GPU cards on the market.
well, in that case, why even bother with the 780 if you already have a titan? waste of money imo.

But then again, both cards are a waste of money in my eyes, I would never put the cards to any real use and it would be a waste.

Aiml3ssCalam1ty

Aiml3ssCalam1ty

Formerly known as randomkill

• PipPipPip
  • 295 posts
  • LocationTexas

View PostPsycho29388, on 24 May 2013 - 01:15 AM, said:

well, in that case, why even bother with the 780 if you already have a titan? waste of money imo.

If you already have a Titan than you wont be loocking to buy a 780. The 780 is basically the Titan for those who don't need to run more than 1-2 monitor setups at ludicrous resolutions and save you $350 ^_^

Luckily I have 3 weeks left to "step up" my 660ti with eVGA and I think this might just be worth putting off on a new monitor/H100i. :D

Kitsuni

Kitsuni

• PipPipPip
  • 437 posts
  • LocationTeH Moon~!
Also for the price point (Titan $1000 vs. 780 $650) it's a great deal considering they only cut it down a little bit and half the ram... If AMD can pump something better for cheaper out, good, it'll force Nvidia to compete. But as it stands there isn't anything to really compete with. (It's also about double the performance of a 680 on some games.)

Velocibunny

Velocibunny

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 202 posts
Oh, that explains why Genna was linking this on Twitter. Okay. Now slightly less confused, even though they appeared to skip over numbers.

(Is nVidia now done by Microsoft?)

Kitsuni

Kitsuni

• PipPipPip
  • 437 posts
  • LocationTeH Moon~!
Sarah Nvidia always released x80 then x70 (about a week after x80) and goes down from there.

Psycho29388

Psycho29388

Advanced Member

• Head Admin
  • 1,342 posts
  • LocationThe InternetZ
Maybe I could get a GTX 760 for an upgrade.

that would be pretty sweet.

xxxpunisher

xxxpunisher

• 3 posts
I just bought the Asus GTX 770 4gb oc and was wondering what your thoughts are on this card?

I havent installed it yet as Im waiting on shipment of a 850w psu :)

TheChimpa

TheChimpa

MOFO-Monkey Official Foreign Officer

• PipPipPip
  • 502 posts
  • LocationLimey Land
For single gtx 770 you shouldnt really need a psu bigger than 500w. It's a pretty solid card surprised you didnt go for the GTX 970 as it's newer hardware around the same price and better!
Core i5 3570k 3.6GHz || ASUS GTX 780 DirectCU II x 2 || Gigabyte z77-d3h || G.SKILL Ripjaws 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3 2111 || 256GB Samsung SSD PRO || 120GB OCZ Vertex 3 SSD || 1TB HDD || Creative Sound Blaster ZX || Cooler Master Vanguard 1000W PSU || NZXT Phantom 410 || BenQ XL2411T 144hz Monitor || Windows 7 64-bit ||

xxxpunisher

xxxpunisher

• 3 posts
I would have but I couldnt pass up the price $125.
850w psu will be ok I hope :)

TheChimpa

TheChimpa

MOFO-Monkey Official Foreign Officer

• PipPipPip
  • 502 posts
  • LocationLimey Land
oh wow only $125 that's dirt cheap, good buy then I guess!
Core i5 3570k 3.6GHz || ASUS GTX 780 DirectCU II x 2 || Gigabyte z77-d3h || G.SKILL Ripjaws 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3 2111 || 256GB Samsung SSD PRO || 120GB OCZ Vertex 3 SSD || 1TB HDD || Creative Sound Blaster ZX || Cooler Master Vanguard 1000W PSU || NZXT Phantom 410 || BenQ XL2411T 144hz Monitor || Windows 7 64-bit ||

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users